View Single Post
Old 07-15-2016, 01:27 PM
L@rry T1p+0n

Todays mail brought a "puffy" mailer, loaded with football cards via a single eBay purchase. Seller "stung" me for $6 shipping on all these cards, and really went nuts with the tape trying to protect the cards. I wish sellers would think of the potential problems unwinding all that tape around the top loaders and understand tape and cardboard don't mix. Two hits to my set (28 cards away from my '48-'55 Bowman run) and eighteen duplicates for upgrades and trading

1952 Bowman large #136 Albert Rechichar SP standard catalog says $200 in NM shape this low grade card was $5.50 or 2.75% shipping not included.

1952 Bowman large #142 Tom Landry standard catalog says $525 in NM condition and this one cost me $41.01 or 7.8% shipping not included. HAHA I just noticed it's even centered pretty good!

Seller had a bunch of '52 Bowman large cards ending at the same time, so I put in quite a few snipes, and took home eighteen duplicates. Some of these will be upgrades for my set, others go into my OBC dupes box for trading. Most were one dollar each (14 of them were $1 each) then $1.25 $1.51 $1.51 $1.77 total $20.04 for the eighteen duplicates. Most of these duplicates book for $70 in NM and the total Standard Catalog price for these eighteen cards in NM is $1,220 and I paid $20.04 (not including the shipping fee) or 1.6% of book.
Larry