View Single Post
Old 07-21-2016, 08:02 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Klein View Post
Howard Lau, presuming he still owns Houston Sports Connection has been around forever and is a good person. You'd enjoy chatting with him at the very least
Yes, Howard still owns it. I concur, he is a good guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCMcKenzie View Post
Sportscards and Coins may still have a booth at The Market Place on Old Katy Rd. 10910, 10940 Old Katy Rd. My parents owned that flea market many years ago and he had lots of 50's cards at the time. Not sure if they are still open. I think it's still a weekend mall.
I was in there about a year ago. He still has some sports cards (mostly modern), but mostly coins. Before that, it had been several years since I'd been in there and he had a much better selection back then.

Quote:
There was a coin shop in Rice Village that had some T202's in a display case about 10 years ago. Not sure if they are still there. On Times Blvd I think.
That is Houston Numismatic Exchange. It's been years since I've been in there. Probably 95% coins, 5% cards. It was hit or miss on the cards, just whatever they happened to have in inventory at the time. Again, their main focus is coins.

Quote:
There was a shopping center space way out Westheimer past the Beltway that had newer cards in display cases and I didn't ask any questions and left. I thought it wasn't there the last time I passed by, but I may be mistaken or it may be further out than the one on Westheimer that y'all are talking about. Rob
Houston Sports Connection is on Westheimer just outside the Beltway, but probably not the shop you're talking about. There used to be another one on Westheimer past Hwy 6 (going west). That's probably the one you're talking about - mostly newer cards - but they didn't last long.