View Single Post
Old 10-17-2015, 03:50 AM
rob.ert int.rieri

Default Is it time to ask AGAIN if T206 prices are falling?

I started a thread yesterday for Mile High winnings and stated I won a card for what I thought was a very reasonable price. In that thread Eric Summers mentioned he had repurchased a card for significantly less than he had recently sold it for (others stated similar low prices). Given that I thought it was worth going back and looking at all the t206 prices in the auction and in my opinion not only were the prices reasonable they were shockingly low.

Why? Did REA's auction running relatively concurrently have an impact (there is only so much cash to go around)? Septembers stock market pull back? Do collectors have T206 collection fatigue? Have the deep pocketed T206 collectors pulled out of the market? What do you think? Any other examples of recent "bargains".

Some notables from the Mile High Auction (I'm not calling out MH just noting falling prices):

The cycle backed cards went ridiculously cheap PSA 4's under $75 with the juice and PSA 3's even cheaper;
EPDG's also went cheaply a few psa 4's below $100;
Lundgrens went cheap;

This exact Bill Hart went for over $900 in a recent Love of the Game Auction and goes for $300 less in MH. I also noted that other recently auctioned cards were re-auctioned here and the flipper did not make out well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9oc.jpg (9.2 KB, 860 views)

Last edited by iwantitiwinit; 10-17-2015 at 04:22 AM.