View Single Post
Old 01-13-2017, 06:35 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemdawg View Post
First of all, I don't claim to be an expert on pre-war cards, which is why I'm posting this in the first place. I'm 99.9% sure this '33 Goudey Ruth is fake, but that .1% doubt is enough for me to post this anyway.

Can the forum let me know if you think this is fake? More importantly, I'd love to hear WHY you think it's fake for my own education.

Thanks for your replies! And sorry I don't have a better picture. It was sent to me and this is the best I have to work with right now.
Travis
I don't think I have ever seen one that nicely centered and with that sharp of corners. Does that answer your question? Unless this is a set up and and you are showing me a "9" (if there is one) then my first statement should tell you what you want to know. I am sure there are other "tells" but the first thing I look for is absolutely perfect centering. If it has that then there is a 99% chance it's not real, from my experiences. Also the lithography just looks off, but that is a bit harder to quantify than the perfect centering and pinpoint corners.

Last edited by Leon; 01-13-2017 at 06:37 PM.