View Single Post
Old 11-29-2018, 02:59 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordstan View Post
I think the answer to your question is that you profited from the sale of the card, the TPA did not. Why should any seller be able to keep profits from a card, or any item for that matter, that was not as described? While it is not your fault for making the auto bad, the seller still profits. To me, it seems the seller would refund the buyer and then try to get a refund from the person they bought it from and so on.
I asked this type of question in another thread. Being that TPAs are promoting their service as much to enhance the value of an item, as they are to provide confidence in authenticity of said item, what obligation do they have to any one person in the buyer-seller transaction realm with regards to the change in value of the item? I don't know the legal answer to that.
In my case, more likely I lost money than profited. And arguably the item is as described -- a card authenticated by whichever TPG. I would have no issue taking back a card within a reasonable window for whatever reason even a bad one, but I'm not sure it's fair to keep a seller on the hook for a year, two years, whatever in the case of a TPG card.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 11-29-2018 at 03:00 PM.