Thread: T213-2 Coupon
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2007, 05:08 PM
Administrator

Default T213-2 Coupon

Posted By: Dave Hornish

OK-I just got this from an eBay win, where the seller described it as:

"THIS CARD HAS NO BACK DAMAGE (SMALL SPOT OF PAPER LOSS ON TOP BACK. THESE HAVE ALWAYS BEEN HARD TO GRADE DUE TO THE FACT THAT THESE TOBACCO CARDS WERE INSERTED INTO TOBACCO PACKS IN 1914 AND HAVE A FRAGILE GLOSS MADE FRONT OF CARD. SO WHEN YOU FIND THEM, THEY USUALLY HAVE CREASES. CLEAR PHOTO IMAGE GRADES GOOD-VG. HAS THE COMMON GLOSS CREASE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CARD ISSUE. o/c card"

I have no problem with the front but the back (which was not shown in the auction listing) certainly DOES appear to have back damage). Based upon this description I would have expected something like the small paper loss in the bottom left quadrant (beteween NEW ORLEANS and the Factory #) but the top of the card is indeed damaged IMO.

Now, I do not want to return a Coupon but am wondering if I should request a partial refund (say 20%) for a misdescribed item. His Neutral/Negative feedback clearly indicates he has grading issues and he seems to have neg'd people who post negative feedback. On the plus side, he shipped very quickly and the front of the card displays better than either his or my scan shows. I am also loathe to lose my 100% positive eBay feedback and get the feeling an inquiry could provoke a neg. The card was not terribly expensive either (well under $100). So, any suggestions or am I just being overcautious?