View Single Post
Old 11-23-2017, 06:08 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckpaul View Post
i think it depends on the condition and the difficulty of completing the set. i would pay a premium to have a complete set that was difficult to put together. i say condition, because a set like T3, if i ever finish mine, and its well constructed with no creases, nice corners, and good registration across the board...i wouldn't part with it for less than a premium. If the set is still doable as it was constructed, which the T3 would be, than i say a slight premium. if its really tough, a greater premium.

yes, the chase is nice, but many sets are tough to put together consistently, and there should be a premium for the effort when finished.
You might be right on the T3s but I would be a bit surprised. I am putting together a very well centered T205 set, which if you have looked at enough T205s, you know is not an easy task. If I sold the whole thing (I probably will when I am through, except Cobby) I doubt I sell it as a set. To me it's not a lot different than the T3 set in that respect. Just not enough collectors looking to buy a whole set. It would probably be bought by a dealer to break it up as that is usually the best way to maximize your return on investment.

ps.. Same thinking goes for subsets too.

Last edited by Leon; 11-23-2017 at 06:09 AM.