View Single Post
Old 11-01-2002, 04:42 PM
Administrator

Default Curious: Opinions on KitYoungCards

Posted By: Dan Mathewson

...I think there must be a method to their madness, else why continue the madness...

That's why I asked and started this thread. I brought up Irishhosta later because Irishhosta jsut put a couple more Matty's up on eBay for aution. Both way overpriced opening bids. I typically see IH put stuff up that has very visible creases, at best a grade-2, always starting the bid at a grade-3 or higher price. And, it leaves me scratching my head (which is not good because their is no hair there for cushion or protection!!!)

Look at IH's 3 auctions now: 1576601240 (and) 1576600645 (and) 1576488341. All three creased and worn, selling (starting prices) for what you'd expect to pay for a card at (at least) a full grade higher than any of these will ever see (outside of PRO or AAA). Granted, I only look at Matty's (caveat) -- so, maybe IH has sold some Johnsons or Cobbs or whatevers that weren't like these cards. But, this is all I ever see this seller put up in the Matty column. And I always seem to say "oy...maybe HALF that much..." and move on.

Again, I'm not being critical. Criminy, we all want to sell something for 2X what it is worth, and buy the same thing for 1/2X. But, with eBay's fees and such, it seems counterproductive and unrealistic...and, I kinda wonder what I'm missing. But, I assume that a more unwary buyer might be whom they are hoping will snap these things up. Who knows...? Heck, I'll ask Carl Sagan if I ever see him...

-dan

PS: Everyone on the board have a great Halloween!!