View Single Post
Old 12-13-2007, 06:29 PM
Administrator

Default Opinion on cut signatures for sale.

Posted By: DJ

David, did Jodi used to work for one?

IMO, (my two cents)...I agree whole heartedly with Jodi in regards to a person cannot be an expert on everything and this is the number one issue I have in this business. Many factors go into being a good authenticator and educating yourself and having a good eye is key. It's just too bad there is so much sloppiness with the good guys and so many "I'll pass anything" authenticators exist who think they are doing a duty by creating an opinion that isn't valid. It's like going to a doctor that says your dying and therefore you look for a doctor that will tell you the news you want to hear.

The problem I see in the business is that there is so much bad publicity of late with "the big two" that is constantly addressed by sites who look for errors to announce to the world that these companies aren't "high and mighty".

For many, the JSA video made the entire business look foolish. The brashness of the authenticator and the two seconds they spent on each item, to go along with the numbers reported on in the Bill Daniels trial of how much stuff is authenticated in such a short time. Can you really be accurate doing so much volume in such a short amount of time?

Also, Jodi, there are many times that authenticating teams are split, like Jimmy will in NJ and someone else will be at a store say in NY. What if Jimmy or yourself (or someone else) was asked to authenticate a Richard Nixon on site. Then what?

IMO, I still trust JSA and PSA/DNA above the rest. But what other options do we have?

DJ