View Single Post
Old 03-01-2019, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb217676 View Post
Doesn't the buyer need to provide proof to receive a refund, like a tracking number showing the card was returned to you? Why are you forced to give a refund if the card wasn't returned?
Jeff
They can simply claim their bank card or credit card was stolen, account hacked, etc. and say they never made the purchase themselves and file a chargeback with their bank or credit card company. I had a similar situation happen to me about a year ago. Fortunately for me, it wasn't big ticket stuff and PayPal sided with me after I showed them previous eBay purchases of similar items from the buyer that were not charged back and seeing the tracking information I provided them with showing it was delivered to the exact address of the card-holder.

David, I am sorry to hear this happened to you. This flat out sucks man. I am just shocked that they are still doing this despite the clear-cut evidence you've provided them with. It's pretty obvious that if you haven't gotten any communication via eBay or E-Mail that this guy knew what he was doing and knows you know what's up. Definitely a BIG loop-hole and problem here for anyone on eBay or utilizing PayPal in conjunction with eBay to sell and take payments. Doesn't seem like there is much anyone can do until PayPal closes this loop-hole or eBay makes their payment system more attractive and doesn't box people in to only utilizing them for ever and ever.

I've never had any kind of significant problems with PayPal (Fingers crossed, knocks on wood) so any little minor problems I've encountered have been resolved pretty quickly and to my satisfaction. This is definitely a strange one and doesn't sound like it's going to end positively for David unfortunately.

Ask me about discounted BGS/BVG pricing for Net54 Members!

Last edited by ngnichols; 03-01-2019 at 07:04 PM.