View Single Post
Old 03-01-2019, 01:30 PM
DR
David R@tliff

I'm currently trying to understand from Paypal what their exact process is for evaluating a "refund not received" claim.

Obviously they don't require a request for refund, since they've already agreed with me that one has not been made.

Again, they put the funds on hold initially, which is something I've had happen before - that's not unusual. What I find disturbing and bizarre is their decision to go ahead and take the funds permanently out of my account, after I had provided them all the information above and spoke to them on the phone TWICE. The only other piece was the signature of the buyer, which was sent today after it was already too late. Regardless, according to Paypal that part didn't even matter because no one says I didn't deliver the item.

So again - someone please help me understand what the Paypal process is for determining whether or not a request for refund is valid, when no such request was ever made, but I still provided evidence indicating that not only was the item delivered, the buyer was also satisfied with it at least enough to leave me positive feedback.

Believe me, I'm going to continue pressing this with Paypal because they screwed up and took money out of my account when there was no valid reason to do so, particularly considering that I was actively engaged and replying to the claim request.