View Single Post
Old 04-29-2016, 09:37 PM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcy View Post
Mine's a female vampire from Carl Dreyer's Vampyr (1932)

Holy crap, David. I must have looked at your avatar 100 times, and I never made the connection. Carl Th. Dreyer was a genius. I got The Passion of Joan of Arc Masters of Cinema import in about three weeks ago, and can't wait to watch it for the first time (waiting to get my region free Blu-ray player). I can stream it on Hulu Plus, but I really want to experience it from physical media for the first time. I'm afraid that I'll stream it, I'll get frustrated not being able to watch the extras.

I've become a huge silent film fan. I buy more films from F.W. Murnau, Charlie Chaplin, Buster Keaton et all than modern films now. It took me some 40 + years to truly embrace my classic and foreign film, but I can safely say I've found another passion.

I've been petitioning Criterion to upgrade Vampyr, Joan, and Ordet to Blu-ray.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.