View Single Post
Old 10-15-2018, 12:56 AM

Default Two broadsides same week different sellers

Some here may know my weakness for these simple advertising pieces called broadsides...I picked both these up on eBay over the last week...The first Yale Harvard Regatta one is a mystery to date...the only clue would be the price of $1.00 to park a car...I'm guessing 1955?...if it was in the 1920's it would have more likely been 25 cents I think...Net54 member Joe/VintageSportsCollector has an example I always liked...so when I saw this one eBay I jumped right on it...both seem to have similar wear...like they came from the same barn find...Gave $120.00

This Abenaqui golf club broadside doesn't appear to be from a renowned golf course but the green fees had me...The eBay listing had a BIN of $275.00 or make an offer...I offered $175.00 and got an automatic turn down...so since it was the only golf broadside I'd ever seen with green fees I hit again at $200.00 and eBay sent the offer to the seller...who I happen to sort of know a little...he accepted my offer and sent this note:
Hi Carlton, I knew it was you that made me the offer on this sign, so I decided to let you have it for that Price. I wanted to get more out of it, but I know how much you appreciate old sports. Thanks for the purchase.
I asked him where it came from...said he got it at the old Atlantique City Antiques show...that show ran from 1986 to 2009...Until he told me that I half imagined he got it at a garage sale for $5.00!...

Last edited by CarltonHendricks; 10-15-2018 at 11:16 AM.