View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 01:19 PM
Bill Panagopulos

Forums are dangerous places to vent...

I'm not sure it's entirely fair to pile-on Travis - I don't believe that he's malicious, perhaps just a bit overzealous but I think we would agree that we all have the same ends in mind: seeing that the creators and sellers of fraudulent material are stopped and hopefully jailed. I have a lot of experience in that respect.

It's just that something stinks about TPAs. It seems to me that their bigger customers get everything approved - witness the two Obama baseballs passed, which are both POS. Now, this is just my opinion, of course.

They are also in a position of great power: if they "kill" a piece, it's dead forever, even if it turns out to be authentic. If they authenticate a "bad" piece, it's "real" forever, and I have yet to see them comment on that, let alone withdraw bad certifications (I could be wrong).

I will defer to the Big Two on baseball, which interests me about as much as curling, but what experience do they have with Louis XIV or George S. Patton, or for that matter Britney Spears? 98% of what they've authenticated being sold on eBay is baseball.

Have they made any comment on the Wagner card?