View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 12:20 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robextend View Post
Every profession is different, and every position within that profession is different as well. Where I work in my department you have to be clean cut, but the guys in my mailroom have earrings, and have tats exposed all over the place and it is accepted. They have been at the company a long time and make pretty good money.

If Brian Wilson or Prince Fielder were in construction, I doubt they would have to change anything.
Rob, you proved my point though. I work for an offshore engineering company in Houston. I, too, am expected to project a professional appearance. However, the guys in the mailroom and office services have tats and earrings, but those aren't "professional" jobs. Construction is a profession, but is not a "professional" occupation. IMO, MLB is a professional company and their employees should maintain an appearance of any other professional company.

In other words, in the real world, Wilson and Fielder would have mailroom or construction type jobs - not that there is anything wrong with that. They wouldn't have professional jobs because of their appearance. Why should it be different with MLB - a professional company?