View Single Post
Old 03-13-2011, 01:03 PM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbgcbrcb View Post
I would not consider the 1948 Magic Photos as part of a base set collection. I would include the Traded set however if you have included all other Topps Traded sets other than that one.
Yeah, that's what I was leaning towards with the magic photos. I already have the standard portion of the '02 traded set, but was unsure of how to approach the SP portion of it.

Basically cards 111-275 were all the prospect cards and regularly printed, while 1-110 were the regular traded/stars cards, and were all short printed at a rate of 1 per pack, almost like inserts. This really pisses me off that Topps would do something as ridiculous as that. You figure at $2-3/pack it would've cost $220-330 to complete the set, assuming you didn't get doubles. Meanwhile, having 3 sets worth of prospects. I find that completely uncalled for on Topps part. Sh*tty cards that should be commons and pretty much worthless all sell anywhere from $1-3. That's why I'm considering not even bothering, because for some reason, I want to treat them more like inserts than standard cards, due to their gimmicky nature..