View Single Post
Old 07-31-2017, 01:02 PM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1961 View Post
So you refuse to go to the hobby's main event? What then have you really accomplished by not going? I do not infer you've failed as a collector. No way. However, to deprive yourself of all that potential joy seems deflating. You might be extremely advanced, and pride yourself for that, and believe you won't find anyone on your planet to converse with. I believe you'd be surprised at whom you might meet. Though, if you truly are anti-social, then you've made the right life choices on this one.

----Brian Powell
It's not that I refuse to go, I would actually like to go!

I just haven't. Either I haven't had the ability to take the time off, or couldn't afford to go AND buy stuff. And really, what's the point of going to that sort of show and not buying anything.

I haven't been to many big shows for my other hobbies either, although I did go to a big bicycle collecting event (and big for them will fit in a high school gym) And the international stamp show in DC back in 2006. I only got to that by having family in the area so I wouldn't have the cost of a hotel. Other than that, stuff on the level of the Wilmington show is about as big a thing as I've gone to.

Steve B