View Single Post
Old 06-22-2018, 08:48 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Using what you had doesn't change the facts. We all make mistakes. That said, thanks for your research.

And thanks to Joe for the great information....(and everyone in this thread, it's really good)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrys View Post
Joe -

With almost no hard evidence forming absolute facts is nearly possible. Your new information alters earlier opinions. If I had access to more information it would have been ideal. I used what I had.

As I stated previously, this article was published last year. The webpage you see I wrote in HTML for submission. It was transformed by Beckett webpage designers to give it a 19th century atmosphere for the magazine. This subject is one of the five of my VC articles - they did a superb job on all. VC is a high quality sports card and memorabilia magazine.

Some of the statements you have made here have already been addressed - some are unfriendly to comments I made in jest. Some of my statements were overlooked.

The N28s were previously booked for the year 1887 - changed to 1888 just a few years ago. New information comes along as we progress. No reason to condemn the originators.

We have more than exceeded the purpose of this thread. There is more but not suitable for this forum.