View Single Post
Old 09-14-2001, 09:25 PM
Administrator

Default Crap...gotta do something for a post

Posted By: leon

Well, here I go extemporaneously (hope I spelled that correctly) or "right off the top of the head" for those that didn't remember 1 word like that from their schoolin' days. thinking....thinking....ok here's one.....let's here from everyone (who wants to) about 1 short story of a card you encountered....not necessarily bought but at least encountered. Here's mine.....if ya'll remember I got pissed for about 36 hours at "the board" a month or two ago.....it was some of those false accusations etc.....during that time (and I even told BCD this)I figured I would go back to an antique store to look at a couple of beat up old judges (and I mean a couple) as I was bored. So I, with family in tow, strut into the antique store. I go over over a few rows from the entrance and there they were; exactly (2) t206's of which I had not looked at the backs of. Could one be a Drum or Uzit etc..? They were locked in a case. I went over to the back counter, at the back of the store, where there was a lady at the register...I told her that I wanted to see case number 55 which is where they were. A very nice, older (70ish) man came over to get a key and show me to the case. It was case #55. You would have had to see this gentleman. He was just(sic) the sweetest little ole guy who was obviously enjoying the crap out of retirement. He proceeded to telling me how this person that had these cards in the case was a big time dealer and knew everything about cards. I said "great". (I seem to be saying that a lot nowadays) I was really getting my inquisitiveness ? up now as this dealer was a serious collector or dealer or something. We got to the case(it was case #55) and I looked at the first card. It would grade an SGC 10. Common player and ............Piedmont back...with the, WRITTEN IN PENCIIL, RIGHT ON THE CARD, the insciption "case#55" The second card was the exact same way. Man did this guy really know what he was doing. He knew exactly how to label them sorry so long.....best regards