View Single Post
Old 12-14-2015, 11:27 AM
Matt

Bumps happen all the time. If one has a card they feel is under graded, and if they want the flip to match what they believe is the deserved grade, then it becomes about persistence-- until the grader is found who thinks the same way about the card. The grading is just some guy's opinion, that's all.

Just my view, but I find that getting consumed with negative energy and bitterness over what happens with another man's cards is counter to the pleasure and enjoyment the hobby is ideally supposed to provide. If someone knows what they have and doesn't need or want or care what the flip says, cool. If someone wants the flip to match what they deserve for whatever reason and gets the bump, also cool. It's all good.

I've had full grade bumps. I've had cards crack and come back as much as three grades higher down the road. I've had crack outs get no-holdered then eventually holder higher than I ever expected. It's crazy. Anytime humans and opinions are involved there will be some occasions of wild, anomalous discrepancies, but it's not something that happens often out of the millions of cards that have been graded.

IMO, in the hypothetical of the high value card mentioned above, the hypothetical owner should not sell if he feels there is meat on the bone, so to speak. Better to hang on to the under graded card and roll the dice on review or crack resub until it "maxes out."

Last edited by MattyC; 12-14-2015 at 11:57 AM.