View Single Post
Old 10-31-2013, 11:03 AM
pariah1107

Kids have been financially shut out of games. I remember when the Mariners use to give away tickets to kids who did well in school. I was never a good student, but always made an effort to study harder for those extra three or four tickets a year.

Length of games is probably the biggest problem, and seems to be a constant theme. World Series Game 6 1918 took one hour fifty minutes, last nights game was nearly four hours. I say, eliminate commercial breaks between the top-and-bottom of the innings. Limit the number of pitching changes to three a game; with the exception of extra inning ball games, but please no more five man no-hitters. Put a clock on pitchers, and just so I'm not only bashing hurlers, let's revert to a foul ball being a third strike .

Sad to say but replay is only going to make an already long game, practically interminable. I don't think children's attention spans are to blame, as I also prefer reading shorter books and can't sit in a theatre watching a lengthy movie, like Titanic. It sinks right?

Great article Chris.