View Single Post
Old 11-03-2006, 12:09 PM
Administrator

Default Okay...So I just noticed the advertising

Posted By: Brian McQueen

Hey all,

Thank you for the kind words thus far. I’ll respond to a few suggestions/comments below.

About the speed of the animation –- agreed. Sometimes you just really need to see how animations look on the actual webpage. When I placed the banner up on the homepage originally, I myself thought it was moving too quickly and I know several people agreed. I’ve slowed it down now though, so hopefully this one is a little easier on the eyes.

About the “unobtrusiveness” of the design -- also agreed. I think we got some negative feedback in the beginning when this idea was originally presented because people were imagining a massive banner that takes up a third of the screen (a la Geocities), popup screens, or worse. The layout of the page was virtually untouched in adding this banner which is also nice. It also brightens the page up a bit instead of having everything be that drab grey color. We may place banners on other pages (ie…BST) but they won’t be any bigger than this one.

Also, as Barry mentioned, the banners themselves serve as links to each of the webpages they represent. So hopefully this makes having the banners on the site more convenient for you all as well.

Jack – good suggestions. I’m going to experiment with a second method of utilizing these banners in the next few weeks. It should go along very similarly to what you suggested above.