Thread: Upgrade?
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2017, 02:24 PM
Davi.d Sha.kir

Default SGC card is visually more appealing if you dont care about rounded corners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bocabirdman View Post
As some of you know, I am in the middle of a full-tilt upgrade of my Monster. I recently picked up this PSA 4 Schmidt Portrait. The SGC 40 is what I had before the "upgrade". Anybody have any idea what is going on with the PSA 4?

Attachment 282485
SGC card is visually more appealing , but it has all 4 rounded corners and very narrow top border VG3 is a Fair evaluation not out of line, PSA grade strictly on card slabbed I feel is accurate Print Registration is Fine , not blurry , darkness is caused during Press Run which was letter press , printing one color at a time,
Rubber Rollers would require constant inking during each color , if not you get a dull or dark appearance .
the SGC card was printed during the time when Rollers were full of ink early part of the run hence the bright vibrant look , PSA is not Blurry or mis registered so would not get demerits for print defects,
bordering is much better on the PSA with 3 of the 4 corners quite square,
as stand alone each card I feel is not over graded , obviously one against the other if you do not care about the rounded corners poor bordering SGC looks better.
But as the old saying goes "looks are not every thing"