Thread: NSCC Update
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2020, 06:42 AM
David Peck

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfanNY View Post
In case anyone is interested the Gilead drug was shown to have inconclusive results in first trial. I live here in NJ and there were 74 new cases in my town today with over a Thousand so far. I keep paraying for a vaccine so that I can get back to enjoying Family and Friends. Hope all are stsying safe. I would not attend a card show this Summer unless I was vaccinated.
The results were leaked and reported by the WHO. According to Gilead the results were actually positive and the trial in China was flawed. The reaction in the stock was negative but not one that kills all hope as it is still higher than when the information came out last week. The data on the trial that is taking place in the US is coming out in early May.

There are quite a few other companies that will be releasing trial results with similar drugs and lets all hope someone has something.

In terms of a vaccine there is a company Moderna that believes they have one. I was speaking to someone this week who lives in Boston where they are based and is neighbors with someone in the company and they believe they have it and it could be fast tracked to be approved in 18 months or less. The market has pumped this stock up dramatically in recent months on this belief.

It gives me hope that we have so many talented individuals working non stop to try and help solve this crisis.

I live in Central Florida and with so much activity surrounding vacations and conventions it is going to hit us very hard and there are a lot of people hurting financially quickly.

Last edited by Dpeck100; 04-24-2020 at 06:43 AM.