View Single Post
Old 11-10-2015, 05:42 PM
Larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Huigens View Post
We certainly received some eyebrow raising finishing prices last night, but honestly, this T206 Cobb was not one of them

My pre-auction estimate for this card was $12-$15k. I highly doubt anyone will ever see another example that looks this good sell for anything less. I personally believe a strong PSA 7 would easily eclipse $50k at auction, so it seems perfectly reasonable that an EX+/EXMT example with NRMT qualities is worth 1/3 the PSA 7 price.

The entire hobby is maturing, and blue-chip cards with high-end eye appeal are consistently fetching record prices... as they should. Just my two cents.

P.S. for those questioning the bidding, I would happy to provide specific bidder details to Leon Lucky for his review and comment. All 3 of the top bidders are highly reputable and consistent buyers of ours.

Brent Huigens
PWCC Auctions
+1 there also. My two experiences with PWCC have been excellent, and the maturation of the hobby--basically attracting what I call the "big boys" to whom spending $16,000+ is like my spending $500--has been greatly accelerated, I believe, by the internet. We're simply catching up to where rare and significant coins and cars are in far less time.

Go ahead and post, Brent--we're certainly not all opposed to PWCC. Personally I enjoyed meeting and talking with you at the National.

Sincerely,

Larry