View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 01:18 PM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Thanks....I am very protective of our board. Once I know no one has been totally scammed I will leave it be. What ya'll see on the board is only a little bit of what is going on, there is some more behind the scenes.
I know you are, Leon, and believe, I greatly appreciate it. I've run a few forums in my day, and I know the amount of work behind the scenes (just parsing and backing up the database, keeping the php software up to date, etc) can add up on an active forum. With this being added to the mix, I can only imagine how much running around you're doing at the moment (physically and virtually).

Once I get a little more savings built up, I'm going to be buying some nice vintage cards at auction, on Ebay, and from our B/S/T board here (It just takes a while longer being on disability). I will do my due diligence, of course, but I feel better knowing that you are watching out for the safety of your members. And when there's trouble, the other members speak out. They police the hobby, so to speak. They bring suspicious auctions or members to the attention of everybody here. In doing so, they are also educating me. I'm learning what things I should be looking for. And when that is combined with what you're doing, it makes me feel much more confident about transacting here on the board.

At some point in the (hopefully) not too distant future, when I am able to get a round a little better, I'm going to go to one of the shows you guys put on. I would love to meet you and some of the other members. I can't think of a better way to spend an afternoon. I'll just try not to drool!

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.

Last edited by the 'stache; 05-31-2013 at 01:23 PM.