View Single Post
Old 03-23-2024, 09:01 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
I don't know him at all. Never met him and don't know anyone who has. But I know degenerate gamblers. They can't help themselves. A degenerate gambler isn't capable of signing the type of contract that he signed with the Dodgers. They don't make prudent decisions. They don't carry themselves with poise. They bathe themselves in shame and it's written all over their faces. Ohtani carries himself with honor. A degenerate gambling addiction is a coping mechanism for someone who is clinically depressed. Ohtani is the polar opposite of someone like that. You don't have to know him personally to observe these traits or to learn about the types of decisions he makes in life that preclude him from someone who fits the degenerate gambling profile. Most of them are also alcoholics.

Again, I'm not saying he doesn't gamble to some extent. I have no idea if he does or not. I'm just saying he's not a degenerate if so. You're free to disagree all you want. I don't really care. I'm just sharing my opinion and I'm confident in my reads of people.
The issue is whether he gambled or not, not whether he is a "degenerate" gambler, as you acknowledge. So why is that even relevant? And clinical depression is not necessarily obvious from public demeanor either.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 03-23-2024 at 09:04 AM.