View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 07:27 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default for me....

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterb69 View Post
YIKES!!!!!

Sorry to take over this thread, but I was thinking the same thoughts. I have an almost a complete T205 set (minus a couple backs & variations) that I started 25 years ago long before slabbed cards. None of my cards are graded, and mostly in lower conditions. But I also store them in a penny sleeve, then into a top loader. The whole thing then into 2 shoe boxes.

Now I'm not looking to sell anything anytime soon, but for the first time I was thinking of getting my set slabbed & graded just because of the extra protection, and incase anything happens to me, it will benifit my wife for resale.

But, $17 x 208 cards will be $3536. I think I suddenly lost that desire.

Would anyone in the same boat as me (and I guess the thread starter) think grading the lower condition set a wise investment?

Thanks

PS. Even if all were under $250 value. $7 for 30 day turnaround for entire set would be $1456. Still worth it? You opinions please.
Thanks again
For me, I usually only get my higher valued cards graded. That protects them from me, when fondling them and enjoying them, and gives me peace of mind that another, very skilled 3rd party didn't see any alterations, unless of course there is an AUT grade. I like having some of my cards raw so I can feel them (and sometimes sneak a scent)....regards