View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 07:08 PM

Default Another SGC question.

I have 16 Star Player Candy cards one of which, Buddy Myer, wasn't catalogued until I posted it on this board a few years ago. Now, there is a second one known to exist because it was graded by SGC.

My question is this; I have been thinking about sending it in to get graded but what would I list as the value for it? My problem is this, there are two known cards and no real sales record for them. It is a common card from a rare set and Myer, I think, is Jewish.

I could say the card is only worth $200 dollars, for example, but if it gets lost in the mail or stolen, I highly doubt I could replace it for $200 dollars. I could say it is worth $1,000 dollars but if I did that, would it affect how much SGC charges me for grading it? Then there is the cost for mailing and insuring the card.

I guess my questions are these; what have others done when they had a rare and somewhat valuable card they couldn't really put a price on because it didn't have a good history of sales and how much might I be looking at to get this one card graded including postage and insurance?

David
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bmyer1.jpg (33.8 KB, 310 views)