View Single Post
Old 09-07-2006, 11:18 PM
Administrator

Default ACC designations

Posted By: jay behrens

1)Just exactly who has the right, the authority AND the credentials to update the work of Jefferson R. Burdick?

Just exactly who has the right to DETERMINE who has the right, authority and credentials to update the ACC? Maybe we need a committee to determine that too?

and

2)If a person or committee was granted the right and authority, and possessed the necessary credentials, would the hobby embrace the proposed, updated edition?

All you can do is make the effort. No one has bothered before, so who knows, but if you go in with a defeatist attitude, then you are already defeated.

I see no need for face to face meetings. There is no information that needs to conveyed in that manner. If that were one of the requirements, then you are limiting the number of people that can particiapte even more than you think this board restricts participation. How many people are are willing to spend money, out of pocket to travel for a face to face meeting? Yes, most "important" people go tot he National, but that is one show a year. One face to face meeting is not going to make a difference.

You say that people are shy about posting here. There is no requirement to post here. My email address and everyone else contributing here is available. If they don't want to post but are interested, all they have to do is email one of us.

The rush is that there are people interested in moving this forward. Your ideas would only bog it down, causing people to lose interest. Just imagine trying to maintian momentum for this until the National next year. It won't happen.

Plain and simple, you are making this out to be much more complicated than it really is.

Jay

I love pinatas. You get to beat the crap of something and get rewarded with candy.