View Single Post
Old 09-07-2006, 10:32 PM
Administrator

Default ACC designations

Posted By: Brian Goldner

Jay- if you and a few others are truly interested in pursuing this, may i suggest a less aggressive approach.

Coming on too strong, will not convince those who are on the fence, to support your cause.
It will only give them cold feet.

Quicksand?
My goodness, what's the rush?

Gil- i am a believer that this kind of undertaking, is better accomplished face to face, rather than by messageboard and e-mail communications.
However, i do understand that this board and e-mail, would lay the groundwork for such a task.

Also, it has been mentioned in many threads, about many people being hesitant to offer their opinion (about almost any topic) on this board.
That would most certainly apply in this instance.

Perhaps individual, in-person meetings with influential hobbyists, would offer a better idea of what many people might be thinking.

Ultimately, before any person or small group tries to take the bull by the horns, at least 2 questions must be answered:

1)Just exactly who has the right, the authority AND the credentials to update the work of Jefferson R. Burdick?

and

2)If a person or committee was granted the right and authority, and possessed the necessary credentials, would the hobby embrace the proposed, updated edition?

I can't answer these questions, nor can you.

The hobby must answer them, and such people must be encountered, in a setting in which they are comfortable to speak their minds.

IMO, that place is not here.

Another issue that would have to be addressed: in the event that a person or group were to be granted the right & authority to update the ACC, what updating might be considered permissable, and what should be considered off-limits?

I will offer an opinion on this issue, later in the thread.