View Single Post
Old 06-22-2018, 03:00 PM
Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by markf31 View Post
It is interesting to note, as I just am finding out myself while reading articles on all if this, that several states including my home state of Pennsylvania (also Oklahoma, and Washington at least) have Marketplace Facilitator Laws in place. Pennsylvania's just went into effect April of this year.

The Marketplace Facilitator Law for PA requires facilitator sites such as Etsy, Ebay and Amazon to either collect sales tax on items purchased by PA residents, or in lieu of collecting the tax the facilitator must supply a notice to the purchaser that sales tax was not collected and that a use tax might be due on the sale by the purchaser. If the facilitator elects the 2nd method of notification, the facilitator must submit to the state an annual report by January 31 of each year to the Pennsylvania Department of Revenue that includes the following:

The purchaser’s name, billing address, delivery address and, if different, the purchaser’s last known mailing address.
The total dollar amount of purchases from this marketplace facilitator.
The name and address of the marketplace facilitator that made the sale.

Each failure to comply with the notice and reporting requirements can result in a penalty of $20,000 per violation, per year, or 20 percent of total Pennsylvania sales during the previous 12 months, whichever is less.

Marketplace Facilitators

So Pennsylvania now has a law on the books, but where the state will now know from information provided by Ebay, Etsy, etc.. how much every resident of Pennsylvania paid for items bought through 3rd part facilitators.
I'm in PA too; in simple terms, what does this mean for me as an ebay seller?