View Single Post
Old 03-09-2017, 08:58 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankbmd View Post
Our hobby is often cursed by the unfortunate truism that stuff trumps integrity.

No one likes to see a card they sold, back on the market and resold for multiples of the purchase price, which I would characterize as the "flipper's" dream resulting in not only "quick bucks", but big bucks. Dealing with a flipper, who pretends to be a collector, can lead to this type of seller's remorse.

Richard states he is a collector and not a flipper, but........

when he announces his intent to purchase a large collection of "stuff" from an unknowlegable seller with resale for profit as an objective, I think the buyer pool, myself included, was put off. His unartful wording in the OP seemed to suggest a buy low, sell high MO (modus operandi).

Richard was excited and openly honest, if not artful.

Is their risk in Richard doing this? Yes

Is there work and time spent reselling multiple small lots? To be sure.

Would other members of the Board do the same thing, if presented with the same opportunity? Oh yeah!!!

An openly honest flipper is better than one who deceives his intent, IMO.
If members of the board are able to purchase some of Richard's cards reasonably, this dust up will soon be forgotten.
Frank did you get permission to make an honest post filled with common sense? Those type of posts have no business in this thread or usually on the forum.