View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 06:22 AM
Dan Paradis

Phil, great list. After a quick review I think it is very close to what I have listed.

Jesse Burkett - there is only one Just So and it is altered. Normally I would consider it his RC, but since there's not even one legitimate copy out there (according to what appears your definition), I would consider the W600 or Ramly his RC.

I would consider most E107's over the W600 as RC's. Although personally I'd prefer to consider the W600's RC (only because they are cheaper and more obtainable) in reality for most of the W600's (?) they were distributed from 1902-11. At least with the E107's you know what year they were produced. For all you know the W600 you have could have been produced in 1911 (many years after the E107).
I know there are a few that you could pin down exactly what year they were produced. For any that could be proven to be distributed prior to the E107 I would be OK considering their cards a players RC.

I really believe you would be the only collector to consider stickers as acceptable rookie cards (Gossage/Schmidt). Aren't stickers, you know, stickers?

I thought I read somewhere that the Rose Co Postcards were not produced in 1908? I'll have to check that out.

I comment more later when I get more time.