View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 04:41 AM
Tim B
Banned

Just to weigh in a little...

I'm probably a good example of why you can't just blanket ban people based on criteria. I'm recently more active in the hobby after an absence, I have a low eBay feedback score (68) and I like to buy vintage cards. I don't do so too often, but I never cancel bids and always pay on time. And even for the smaller auction house websites - I lurk and if I see something, I'll sign up day of and bid on/win a desired lot. Now, it may suck for the guys who are better customers, bid all the time, follow the auction and are more active but this is how I do it - and at the end of the day, we're ALL merely trying to get what we want.

I tend to bid on some items in the last minute - definitely on a PWCC item or two over the years, I can't specifically recall what - because I KNOW that I am competing with snipers, autobidders and other people like me so, often, in the last 10-15 seconds of an auction, I put MY best bid in and hope for the best - sometimes double the current bid. I'm not shilling; I'm trying to win a timed auction. It looks and feels like 'someone screwed me' but in reality its just a different bidding style that has to do with the fact that I don't want my presence as a bidder known to the auctioneer, the other bidders or eBay, for a myriad of reasons.