Thread: Curious
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2016, 06:25 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark17 View Post
I'm looking at the online SMR report now, for T3s. Imagine my surprise to learn that Bob Rhoads is a common - there is not one card in the set valued less, in any grade!

The rarest card in the set, and not even a slight premium assigned... that is displaying serious ignorance about that set.
I also think the POP report for the higher grade cards is a measuring tool.

if i see past sales for Smoky Burgess for example at a psa 8 for $100 with a POP 40 for same grade and above and some lesser common guy is going for 30$ with a POP 20...id rather have the lesser common guy because eventually the more known 'common' will continue to fall to what the POP is..

now i may of used a bad example in Smoky, im just saying there are some players that current card collectors still know but to people who not watch them play are still commons. as time goes on and if there is still significant card collecting....i do beleive all the non willie mays or big names and known rare variatins etc. will just be commons and POP will rule....for high end cards POP is more significant because less resubmissions when you have an 8 etc.

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 08-09-2016 at 06:26 AM.