View Single Post
Old 06-14-2019, 09:36 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpeck100 View Post
During this time frame there has been a massive shift in market share. PWCC is by far the largest EBAY auction house and sells immensely more graded cards than anyone. They offer 99 cent auctions on the best cards that come to market. Probstein who one could consider their next closest competitor lists tons of items with high starting prices and while that may protect the seller it certainly isn't as appealing for the buyers.

The massive market shift we have seen has made it a very wise decision for many to stop listing their own cards and simply hand them over to PWCC. The record prices attract new submissions and the cycle repeats. These same sellers could have chosen to list the cards themselves but saw that the platform and number of buyers was immense and I assume the anonymity is a major attraction too.

There are countless EBAY sellers who list cards at BIN's and when they don't move ship them off to PWCC to let them fly.

EBAY is the ocean and PWCC is the most popular beach. Getting out of the water because a shark is present may save you for a moment but that same shark is going to go visit a different beach.

I live on Orlando where traffic is a nightmare. There is massive construction taking place on I-4. It is a zoo. In theory my greatest risk of an accident is there yet the closest I have come to getting into an accident was last weekend when a women almost backed into my beloved 911 Turbo. Risk is everywhere.

Exhibitman you disagree with everything I say but you are wrong in suggesting I think you and others are nuts for avoiding PWCC. Quite frankly most of you have already done so and it will have no impact on their business. I am simply saying those of us that look at the landscape and have made a conscious decision to be willing to continue to buy from them aren't nuts. I won't let something like this get in the way of trying to continue to build my collection. Period.
Yeah, but they sell altered cards, David. Lots of them. And they conspire with people like that obnoxious dead guy (I forget his name) to run up the bidding on the auctions. I don't want to build my collection on altered cards. That ain't the point. Nothing PWCC sells is really rare, it is the flip that is rare. If you buy the flip, just say so. Don't dress it up with a bunch of market gas.

As for the impact of boycotting PWCC, you are wrong. I passed on the N43 sale that PWCC had last week. And yeah, it did impact on their business because the cards I was interested in sold far below what I would have bid for them. A small impact to be sure, perhaps $500, but each incremental impact helps. A boycott is like building a brick structure: piece by piece it adds up.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 06-14-2019 at 09:36 AM.