View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 07:44 AM
Bill Gregory

Default A safe to keep my cards...safe

Hey guys, I've seen some discussion on the forum about safes for our baseball card collections, and I'm looking to purchase one of my own (the cards will also be insured). My question would be about the fire rating for the safes you all have. The one I'm looking at (A Sentry safe) provides an hour protection against fires up to 1700 F (as well as 24 hour protection against water).

Is that enough? It also provides protection against water for up to 24 hours.

As I'll only be keeping my most valuable cards in it, everything will be slabbed, or in one touch cases, and graded bags. So I want to make sure the protection is adequate so the plastic won't melt. The fire station is only about 4 blocks from my house, so I can't imagine that any fire would burn at full strength for anywhere near an hour, but I want some feedback nonetheless.

Thanks!

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.