View Single Post
Old 06-17-2019, 12:37 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 View Post
Interesting question. I don't really know the answer, and this is a unique example. No other card would be considered altered because the player on it signed it. Did the cards vary at all from the factory if they were dual or single signed? Would collectors care if the signature was added later?

I just like that it's the only card with my 2 personal favorite players from different eras on the same card. While I would prefer one that was pack issued with both signatures I could certainly see myself buying one with Griffey added later. Especially if this fact was disclosed and it saved me a few hundred bucks.
I would spend up for the pack issued one. I don't think the market tends to value regular old signed cards not issued by the company and that's what this one would be, essentially.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.