View Single Post
Old 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Options 2 and 3 are likely to include false positives in terms of what you are trying to get at -- people who think cleaning is not an alteration, would not disclose it, but are going to say they think true alterations should be disclosed.
If I played this game, we would end up with the 300 page treatise and we would still not get 100% alignment on the exact edges - which is the whole reason this is the sophistry used by most of those who are in favor of frauds, it will never get to an actual decision.

It is being used in the common sense way it has been used in our hobby for three decades or more. I understand and expect the exact list of people who will use this as the angle to hem and haw and avoid clicking yes, but literally nothing will satisfy - there is always one more edge case.

As a common sense person I can say I am against X crime or think Y is fine, as it is generally understood by people who are not pretending they suddenly don't know what a term they have expanded long passages about before means, without going over every possible case of it to categorize if that exact case counts. It should be incredibly obvious that there are edge cases of disagreement; if it was something many of this boards members and friends did not profit from, people would be able to understand this.