View Single Post
Old 04-14-2007, 01:44 PM
Administrator

Default Were T206's printed on sheets of 48 Subjects ?

Posted By: Ted Zanidakis

I am finally out of jury duty, all week I didn't get on any case. The lawyers kept rejecting me....didn't
like my looks, didn't like my answers, or most likely didn't want an engineer on a case.

In general, I agree with you, it's a "monster mess", as there are too many back variables to try and arrive
at some neat rhyme or reason from all this. My perspective, however, for this theory ignores the compli-
cations resulting from the various backs and is a 1st order approach with respect to the fronts. Which, by
the way, you can apply this thinking to an all-Piedmont set of 522 cards and the analysis should be the
same.

Do you agree, though, that with 144 Subjects in the 150/350 group....48 Southern Lgers....and 48 Subjects
in the 460-only Series, it is awful tempting to think T206 formatted their design around this factor of 48 ?

And, I say this because I still have strong feelings that the fronts were printed separately; and, at some
stage in the process were somehow appliqued onto pre-printed cardboard sheets with the various T-brands.
So, that's my rationale for approaching this strictly from a "front" perspective. Otherwise, it is mind-boggling.

TED Z