View Single Post
Old 07-15-2017, 02:27 PM
Kev1n @1les

Quote:
Originally Posted by martingale View Post
Guess I'm in the minority here but I agree with the OP.

This type of action goes against the spirit of the board, if everybody behaved like a 'flipper' then nobody would offer items in B/S/T at community friendly/generous prices and would go straight to eBay themselves to sell for maximum reward.

Not seeing the item currently up for sale in eBay so maybe the 'flipper' recognized he did something wrong and/or is feeling remorse?
+1
I have received some nice deals on this board while I have built my collection. Without fail, I am told by the seller (normally 70+ looking to pare down as the kids have no interest and he doesn't want to burden the wife) that they want to sell to a collector vs someone will just flip them. I have tried before to sell at a decent price looking to help in similar fashion. This has been usually met with additional haggling, someone claiming shipping issues and asking for a "partial refund" even after I offer to take it back 100% and I would pay shipping back, and then seeing the same cards on eBay at the price I could have charged anyway.

It is the reason why I now sit in hundreds of duplicates of stars that I would just as soon just let sit in the safe versus put them on here and deal with any of the above.

I am more than happy to help anyone with their collection and have given cards away on more than one occasion. And I would rather do that than have someone build their profit on my back. If that is the case, I would just as well post it on eBay or consign. To each their own and it probably goes back to my horror story at 8 years old and getting taken advantage of by a dealer but to say that I don't enjoy the horse trading component of the hobby is an understatement

53-55 Red Mans Complete Set