View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteymet View Post
Hi All:

Here is an original clay model that the artist Nick Calcagno did for the Hartland company to show them what his vision of the Wagner statue would look like.

He also did some pen and ink drawings also shown. Hartland accepted his design and agreed to use his work for the statue they issued. Also shown is the finished product

A neat addition to my Hartland collection.

Fred
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtix View Post
I was lucky enough to find this 1939 Bally's "FIFTH INNING" pinball machine last week...lucky in that it is 100% original, it is working, and the coin box was filled with $3.00 of nickels! Just showing the backglass and the playfield here (I removed the bottom glass for the photo). I'll post a picture of the entire machine after I reinforce the wooden legs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
That machine is just fantastic! I just love the graphics... such artistry and charm, when compared to anything being made today. Wonderful acquisition!

I was fortunate to pick up the Petitto Bust prototype I really wanted from ITPC (Babe Ruth). I had bids on the others, but this is the one I was most focused on...

How about the others? Did anyone here pick up the Stephens, Williams, Stanky, or Dark Statues? Seemed like a pretty rare opportunity, as these never turn up...
Wow, WoW, and WOW! Jeez Fred, your Hartland collection is simply phenomenal. Sure would love to see close ups of all your stuff in the background of your scans. Also, the Wagner sketches are superb, and the original clay model of Hans is stunning!

And Mark. That Baseball memorabilia collector lurking in my head kept egging me on to go after that terrific Ruth piece. My dog thought there was someone else in the room, as she kept looking for who I was talking to. No kidding. But as you know, I traded in my Baseball Memorabilia for the Beatles, but I still get itchy palms once or twice a week. A very nice pick up Buddy!

And to my dear Pal Rick... your impeccable eye and extremely good taste, never disappoint. You should charge admission every time you host a Holiday Party.

BTW Rick, when you said "I was lucky enough to find this 1939 Bally's "FIFTH INNING" pinball machine" It is my humble opinion that luck had a very small part in that respect.
OMT... Rick. Do you have a change machine in your game room, or do I need to bring a boatload of coins?

Last edited by thekingofclout; 09-23-2012 at 04:30 PM.