View Single Post
Old 02-01-2006, 08:44 PM
Administrator

Default Requiem for a Great Website - Wayne Delia's

Posted By: Joann

Oh noooooo. Wow. I am lost.

I used to be on Wayne Delia's BB Card Image website several times a day. I don't know of any other place where general reference of a card's appearance is available so easily, in such exhaustive numbers, and so well organized.

I went there tonight, and it is now part of the CardPricer.com website. It forwards automatically, but ... but... it doesn't matter. CardPricer site is in alpha stage (about to go beta per their recent posts) and the opening screen is a login screen. Well of course you can't log in yet b/c there is no official site yet.

So no more BB Card Image page. I have to figure out where I'm going to be able to replicate that info until CardPricer.com is online.

I am dying to post a link to a website of a board member here - it's a great collection of about six slideshows of E cards. The shows move at good pace, his collections are complete and generally higher grade (and gorgeous) and it is perfect for getting a good feel for some of the caramel card sets - how each looks, how they compare, etc - you know, the "feel" of them. That will be my new go-to destination for E card image reference. I think he's still working on the site, otherwise I'd post it. Shoot.

Any info on websites that have images catalogs of different cards - even if only a single type or set - would be welcome. I have LOC, t206museum, etc bookmarked, but I think the best bets might be collector sites.

Joann