View Single Post
Old 06-25-2015, 04:54 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael B View Post
Unfortunately, that is the way that Historic Images and Jay Parrino (JP the Mint, MMG Archives) keep track of the newspaper archives they are selling. I do know that Historic Images uses some stickers that are easily removed from the back as I do it all the time. One of the owners of HI is a member here and has mentioned that as such.
There are lots of 'things' not original to the print that can be removed from their backs, but I never do it unless I need to expose something else on the back that is helpful;e.g.-photographer's stamp or writing. It just doesn't make sense to me to remove something off a non-displayable area of an item, purely for aesthetic reasons.

The front is a different matter, but even removing crop marks or bits of glued-on paper is unnecessary unless you plan on displaying or selling the print. Just my opinion - lots of personal preferences here.

As an update, I discussed with ebay's escalation department and they admitted their error. Amazing, but true. It will get handles to my satisfaction.