View Single Post
Old 10-13-2007, 04:07 PM
Administrator

Default Dinner With Kevin Saucier

Posted By: JimCrandell

I was fortunate enough to have dinner with Kevin Saucier(and Anthony Nex) in Los Angeles last week. Kevin seems to be pushing forward with his idea of a "seal of approval" on graded cards. A significant if not substantial collector is paying Kevin on a per day basis(or at least willing to pay him on a per day basis)to come to his house and go through as many of his already graded cards as he can. I know who it is but will let him disclose.
My intention is that as a condition of purchase on any "expensive" card I buy that I have doubts about, to make the purchase contingent upon Kevin's seal of approval. I am not having him go through my already graded cards.
I was also given a nice gift by Kevin--a T206 Back with a flip with my name on it, my birth date year and a real Honus cert number(I think).
Thank God Kevin has not crossed to the dark side although he did say he is inundated with requests from people to teach them what he knows.
Don't mean to neglect Anthony who is the one of the very best people I have ever met in the hobby. Three ex-LTSers at one dinner! Don't think I am giving away anything confidential by saying they both were down on what is happening with the grading companies.
A lot more but I will stop there.