View Single Post
Old 08-13-2006, 12:46 PM
Administrator

Default OK, with all the bad news I got a question

Posted By: Gilbert Maines

I collect what I enjoy: the history of baseball. I commemorate individual achievements by obtaining a card of the player or players involved. Some call this trivia, and although occurances like Bill Joyce getting 4 triples in a game is so uncommon that not everyone knows it has been accomplished (twice), this piece of trivia holds no less a stature in my display of individual achievement than Ichiro breaking Sisler's 85 year old season hits record.

I also try to portray the teams streaks. Chicago's dominance in the 80s, followed by Boston and Baltimore thru the 90s; Pittsburg finishing in the top 4 every season through the first decade of the 20th century, the success of Phila. in the junior league until Mack had to sell them off. etc.

This is the picture Im trying to paint by choosing cards which in my mind portray something that will be dismissed when this compilation is eventually broken up (what all raw - Ill give you $100 bucks for the lot o'em! Now take it and get outta here!) for sale.