View Single Post
Old 07-22-2017, 06:12 AM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

I have to jump in a tad on this as I think Crosby has a bit of a strange aura on his cards that keeps them lower.

That is the fact that much like comparing the value of LeBron rookies, when a huge segment of fans absolutely hate the player, it can slow demand. As a resident of Detroit, I can easily say I have never met a Crosby fan that wasn't visiting. Many other major cities have the same feelings.

He's the greatest player in the world, and visiting my inlaws in Pittsburgh puts me in different crowd that speaks of the kid in reverence. Outside of of Pennsylvania though, I am likely to hear the same things...cheap shot artist, whiner, and diver.

McDavid has none of the baggage and is more likely to reach the level of love that Gretzky had in fans minds...whether he does it or not in the future.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.

Last edited by JustinD; 07-22-2017 at 06:14 AM.