View Single Post
Old 10-22-2017, 05:52 PM
Bill Panagopulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archive View Post
Posted By: William

Since you asked about storage, and I didn't really answer in my last post....

Here's what I do. First, I ditch the original packaging and tissue unless it's visually interesting and displayable. I keep the best examples of all my packaging separately. The reason for this is that original boxes are loaded with acid. I wrap my collection individually in acid free tissue and store them in acid free document boxes. I don't have a display currently so this is my temporary solution. Fortunately, if it turns into a long term solution, I've covered my butt by using long term materials. And, as stated by Jimmy, cool and dry are the best place to store. If you can find or create as consistent a climate as possible that would be best.

I don't like plastic holders because the baseballs need to breathe. They're ok for temporary use and transport, but I don't like them long term. The acid free tissue allows air to circulate and slows down any environmental changes.

This is absolutely the BEST way to store anything! Those plastic holders leach fumes which will, in the long term, probably damage your material. Try the company: UNIVERSITY PRODUCTS.