View Single Post
Old 12-04-2018, 11:12 AM
Todd Schultz

Thanks for the post Josh.

Dan, I would be more concerned about bid retractions than % of business with a particular seller. Gregmorris sells to a far different market than PWCC, and the difference explains the "brand loyalty". Gregmorris sells mostly, by far, ungraded post-war commons, the cost of which are way less overall than the slabbed stuff sold by PWCC. Yesterday, I opened a box of commons I won from them containing 45 various cards from the 60s and 70s. I recall that I lost out on at least that many during the various auctions covered-most open at under a buck so I throw bids all over the place. Accordingly, my bidding history will show me heavily into this seller even though I spend more on a single card or two when buying pre-war graded from someone else. I hope you don't consider me a "suspicious bidder". Happy Holidays to you too.
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.

Last edited by nolemmings; 12-04-2018 at 11:15 AM.